Sunday, March 1, 2009

Drama. Drama. Drama...

I am so guilty of not blogging in a while but so much has happened and turned my whole world as I know it upside down!

So a couple weeks ago I lost my salary, not my job, but my salary. What's the difference? I work in the interior decor/design field. As you can imagine, with the economy the way it is not a lot of people are redecorating their homes. It is most definitely a luxury item. Instead of a steady paycheck, I am now getting paid per project, which are few and far between lately. Not only did this send me in a bit of a panic, it changed everything.

My "Platinum on a Penny" wedding no longer exists. We had to cancel it. Without my salary there is no way we could afford to pay for it. We needed to sink every extra penny away to help pay fun things like the mortgage.

I am doing alright. It makes me sad of course because I was so looking forward to it. What makes it worse is that it is the third time I have had to cancel it. Don't worry, we are still getting married, just in a very, very different way.

6 comments:

Valerie said...

Yay :)

Jessica said...

Wow! I'm so sorry! Everything happens for a reason so it will all work out eventually! I hope some rich people decide to redecorate soon!

Anonymous said...

i am still so excited to finally hear that you tie the knot :)

you are endlessly talented, and whatever your wedding ends up being is going to be nothing less than amazing.

Bimbo Baggins said...

That sucks so much. I'm so sorry. You seem like the kind of girl though who can make it work no matter what!

Keep your head up.

Kelley at My Island Wedding said...

Oh no. I just came upon your cool site and read this post. I am sorry to hear about the postponement of your wedding.

But you DID say you were doing it, but in a different way. So???? How???

Best of luck.

Anonymous said...

Are you sure they can legally do that? I know employers can demote your (title wise) but are never allowed to touch your earnings. Case and point, my old supervisor got her job taken away from EMS Coordinator to simple go-fer & girl who does billing but she still makes the same amount of money. I don't think they can legally take it away from you. But in any event, I truly feel your pain - my mother-in-law to be decided to try to tell me we're going to need to either postpone our date (9/10/11) or switch reception sites, in which case we forfeit 3/4 of our deposit. I was not a happy camper - especially since my job also decided to take something away from me. They cut me from my 40hrs/wk down to 12hrs/wk - so much for the working class, eh?