Sunday, December 7, 2008

First Blog, First Post


When I first started planning this wedding I did what every other girl planning her wedding does, I logged on to The Knot and started watching every bridal show known to mankind. One day I stumbled across the weekly display of wretched excess called Platinum Weddings. I am sure you have seen this show. It is the one where all these ridiculously rich people spend more than I owe on my house for their weddings. Yeah...that wasn't going to happen.

I soon found myself addicted to this show. It was like a car wreck. I didn't want to watch but I couldn't take my eyes off of it. Worst part of it all was that I too wanted the platinum wedding. I wanted the decor, the flowers, the dress, everything. One big problem though, I had nowhere near the budget these couples had.

So it began, my platinum wedding on a budget.

No comments: