Tuesday, December 9, 2008

How to Tuesday!


How to...Make your own "perfect pair" signs!
One day I came across these super cute "perfect pair" signs from knottie Suzebride and I absolutely fell in love with them. They are super easy to do. I used Microsoft Publisher to make these signs. If you do not have Publisher, you can download a 60 day free trial here.

For this project you will need:

Microsoft Publisher
Heavy cardstock
Wide ribbon
Paper cutter
Exacto Knife

  1. Start a blank document on Publisher. You want to choose a custom size and make it 6.5" x 11". Go to format and select background. Choose the color you would like your background to be. I chose yellow.
  2. Next add a box. There will be a toolbar to the left with all sorts of shapes and options on it. Select the rectangle and draw your box. The one in the photo is 5" x 9.5". After you draw your box you can format it by either double clicking or right clicking and selecting "format autoshape". Here you can select the type of line, weight, color, etc. I used a solid 8pt line. I also chose a fill color to make a nice background for the lettering.
  3. Next, add a text box. You can find this on the same left hand toolbar. It is the first option. It looks like a bunch of squigily lines with an "A" on it. draw out your text box and type the wording you want in it. In the sample I typed the first word "perfect" and changed the font to "benjamin" size 200pt.
  4. Your sign is done at this point, now all you have to do is print it out. The best thing to use is heavy cardstock. I printed them on my home printer on the highest quality setting.
  5. Finally, cut the sign to size using a paper cutter. Then, using an exacto knife cut slits the width of the ribbon you are planning on using in the cardstock. The best place is hidden where the wide outer border meets the first border. I noted the area on the photo. Run your ribbon through the slits, tie to your chair and voila, "perfect pair" chair back signs!

3 comments:

robyn said...

these instructions make my head spin. :( i'm so lame.

Bad Kid Productions said...

Yay for DIY!

Valerie said...

I'm glad I follow your blog..those instructions will be here when I make mine :)

Yours will be soooo cute!